Re: Average succes rate FC2 -> FC3

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 20:16:00 +0100,
  "Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina" <mihamina mail rktmb org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm quite new to Fedora.
> One of our dedicated server have to be switched from FC2 to FC3.
> It has a few software installed on it, so the migration should be
> "easy".
>
> - Would you know a document explaining the migration ?
> - What steps would you warn me on ?
>
> I ask because the server hoster will ask for 99$ to reinstall the server
> (with FC2) if I brake the thing (if it cant reboot).

If this is a remotely hosted box you will probably be better staying with
FC2 as long as it is supported unless there is some compelling reason for
an upgrade. If you just need a more recent version of some specific
application, you can build that one application from source which will
be safer than attempting an upgrade with respect to hosing the machine.