Re: yum horror

Marcel Janssen wrote:

On Thursday 30 December 2004 19:45, Robin Laing wrote:

Yesterday it was recommended to try smart package manager from
http://smartpm.org. RPM at DAG as a beta. May be a bit nicer than
the nodeps.

This smartpm sounds nice.
Anyways, I managed to get all things going from ATrpms. It did take me some time to get things installed though.
Hopefully things get fixed soon.

Regards,
Marcel

I installed smartpm yesterday and I can really recommend using it. It solved my dependency-hell with .at-packages (though some apps - 'mattricks' for one - didn't agree).

It also makes it easy to downgrade from .at-packages to more easy-going packages (so to speak).

/Kristian Poul Herkild