Firefox 32bit on FC3 AMD 64

Because there is no flash player for the 64 bit Firefox included in the amd64 FC3, I uninstalled the firefox rpm and installed firefox from the mozilla site. Before I ran it I nuked the contents of the extensions directory (in my personal .mozilla), reasoning that it may contain 64 bit extensions.

Firefox is running fine except that it won't install plugins. I've gone through the install process for two different extensiosn (googlebar and web developer) and they both show as "will be installed when you restart firefox." The problem is that I have restarted. I've even rebooted. They are stuck in that state.

I've run firefox from the command line and there are no error messages.

Any idea how to fix this?

Frank.