Re: Fedora 3 Install troubles

Phil Scherzinger wrote:

Got a new pc, and am trying to install Fedora 3. I get the following message:

assertion (heads > 0) at disk_doc.c:485 in function probe_partition_for_geom() failed

I am given two options, Ignore, and Cancel.

Message is displayed several times with "heads > 0" changing back and forth to sectors > xx (xx value seems to change). Also the value on "c:485" also changes.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Happens to a lot of people. It is noted in bugzilla, but the database is down at the moment.

There's a specific cfdisk line that fixes it but I don't have it here, I found it last time myself on the net.

Regards,
Ed.