Re: DNS problem

Lloyd Hayes wrote:
>Do you use DHCP to get your network information?

DHCP is pretty much required for using WiFi modems in public locations. Yes, I use DHCP.

Lloyd Hayes

Email: lloyd545220-trucker yahoo com
Web Journal: http://lloyd_hayes.bravejournal.com/

Then your system information is correct. You may not have a host name. Since I use SprintPCS for my Internet connection, I don't get a hostname from them (normally). My hostname remains localhost.localdomain when I use Linux. Maybe I'm doing something wrong and should have another name.

P.S. Please post your responses at the bottom of the message and trim unneeded information, like I did. It makes following the 'train of thought' easier.

James McKenzie