FC3 Problems: NVidia and SeLinux

tkoelbl at gmx.net tkoelbl at gmx.net
Fri Dec 31 13:56:35 UTC 2004

ello.

I am running FC3 here (kernel 2.6.9-1.678_FC3 - not the latest due to other
problems...).
Yesterday I tried to start a game and nothing worked, I got a message like
this:
---------------------
error while loading shared libraries: libgl.so.1: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory
---------------------
So I tried glxgears - same there.

I thought, it was a problem with the nvidia drivers, so I installed them
again. There I got the next strange failure message - don´t remember it
exactly - about avc an denied permissions to following files (all
in /usr/lib/):
libgl.so.1
libGLcore.so.1
libnvidia-tls.so.1
tls/libnvidia-tls.so.1

After this failed installation, X worked still fine, just 3D was still
malfunctioning - same error as above: error loading...

After searching the internet for a while I got the information (I think it
was
in a fedora mailinglist archive), that this may depend on latest the SeLinux

update. I disabled SeLinux - and now it works fine!

My question: is there a way to run SeLinux AND 3D-libs?

A happy new year!

P.S.: Anyone here having the same kernel update probs (no X starting)
afterwards 2.6.9-1.678_FC3??
--
Thorsten Kölbl

--
+++ Sparen Sie mit GMX DSL +++ http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl
AKTION für Wechsler: DSL-Tarife ab 3,99 EUR/Monat + Startguthaben