plus addressing (was: Re: [OT] Fedora-List Trivia - # of Messages in 1 Year)

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Fri Dec 31 19:47:21 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 30.12.2004 schrieb Ow Mun Heng um 2:11:

> > http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/download/imapd/faq.html
> >   --> plus addressing
>
> Interesting bit there. So, you have all your list mails in
> user.alex.lists??
>
> Can you have something like
>
> 	List
> 	--Fedora
> 	--gentoo
> 	--Evolution
>
> and get them sent this way -> alex+list+Fedora at etc.com?

Not tested, but I think this plus addressing feature by Cyrus-IMAPd
works only with one "plus expression".

> where does sieve sit in this config?

Sieve isn't involved.

> > > http://www.sendmail.org/m4/misc_features.html
>
> I use Postfix/Cyrus on the FC3 server at home.

Couldn't quickly find reliable information on how Postfix treats plus
addresses by using google. If using the Cyrus-IMAPd feature it is just
important that it does not strip the plus address part. For Sendmail
there is

FEATURE(`preserve_local_plus_detail')

to be set in the sendmail.mc.

> Ow Mun Heng

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 20:38:49 up 8 days, 22:22, load average: 0.14, 0.18, 0.28