Installing FC3 alongside another distro

Hi everyone -
I'm a first-timer here and have a question about installing FC3 alongside another distro.
At the moment, I'm running Mepis Linux, and I'm keen to install FC3 as well.

What I'm wondering is - if I try to install FC3, will it overwrite the current bootloader, or will the FC3 bootloader just "append" itself to what's already there? ( I believe Mepis uses the Grub bootloader). At the moment, I have Grub in the master boot-record. So, if I put FC3's bootloader elsewhere, will it still be possible for me to access both distros?

Very many thanks for your time and comments! - Andy