FTP Server

Nicholas Evans owlmanatt at owlmanatt.com
Sun Feb 1 19:44:38 UTC 2004

Hey

    I installed vsftpd from the Fedora disc, and I've been trying to get
it to work. Attempting to connect with gFTP, but I get this error.

Looking up 64.252.53.57
Trying 57.53.252.64.snet.net:21
Connected to 64.252.53.57:21
500 OOPS: vsftpd: cannot locate user specified in 'ftp_username':ftp
Disconnecting from site 64.252.53.57
Waiting 30 seconds until trying to connect again

I've been playing with the config, and I've tried diferent accounts, but
I can't get it to work. I searched google, but it only came up with one
result, and it wasn't too helpful. I have it running as a xinetd service.

Any pointers would be appriciated!

Regards,
Nicholas Evans