Upgrading Production line PCs

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Feb 2 06:03:35 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 00:28, Chadley Wilson wrote:
> This may be silly for you but I am an ass when it comes to SQL I mean a
> newbie will probably know more than me but I want to learn,
>
> How do you dump ms sql?
>
> Chad

I think the poster meant you could replace MS SQL with PostgreSQL.
Though this does depend on if T-SQL was used instead of standard SQL.
T-SQL is MS's stored procedure language similar to how Oracle has
PL/SQL.  You could port the stored procedures to pg/sql, though that is
something that could take time and depend on how large/complex Xalt is
and an application.

And if you were wondering how to literally dump an MS SQL Server DB.
You can do it from the SQL Server Enterprise Manager.  You can export to
any ODBC database or to a CSV file if you wanted.

Jim Drabb
The box said: "Requires Windows 98/2000/NT/XP or better."
So, I installed LINUX!
James Drabb JR
Senior Programmer Analyst
Davenport, FL USA