Re: Fewer partitions are better (Re: Disk Layout/Partitioning Practices)

You are requesting about Logical Volume Manager ( LVM )

Exist in Linux, runs very well  ( My laptop runs with LVM ) :D

Note:
"Windows 2000 can do something similar, can Linux do this?"

I prefer to say: "HP-UX, AIX, Tru64 can do something similar when I was a
child, can Linux do this?" ;)

David Ballester Montolio
Responsable de Sistemas y Comunicaciones
Kern Pharma, S.L.
www.kernpharma.com

GNU!

|         |           Fritz Whittington  |
|         |           <f whittington att |
|         |           net>               |
|         |           Enviado por:       |
|         |           fedora-list-admin r|
|         |           edhat.com          |
|         |           30/01/2004 20:55   |
|         |           Por favor, responda|
|         |           a fedora-list      |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                             |
  |     Para:     fedora-list redhat com                                                                                        |
  |     cc:                                                                                                                     |
  |     Asunto:   Re: Fewer partitions are better (Re: Disk Layout/Partitioning Practices)                                      |

<snip>
On a related issue, is it possible to combine several drives/partitions
into one logical Linux file system?

In other words, if I have 3 hard drives, I might want to use one
partition on hda for /boot, another partition on hdb for /swap, and use
all remaining space on all other drives/partitions as the root fs.

--
Fritz Whittington