A windoze machine as a CUPS client?

Robert Marcano robert at marcanoonline.com
Mon Feb 2 15:38:44 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 11:16, fox3ec208 at wideopenwest.com wrote:
> I've looked over the documentation and it's abit fuzzy if it's possible to
> have a windoze client machine.  Can anyone point me to a specific example?

fI you are using Windows XP (I think 2000 is able to do it too) you can
define a new network printer using the url
http://yourhost:631/printers/yourPrinterName

For older windows versions you will need to setup a samba server or you
can install an LPD output port (the ibm drivers for the IBM network
printers install this port, there are many other implementations on the
net)