Can't browse any where - FC1 freshly installed

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Tue Feb 3 07:42:15 UTC 2004

Hi,

do a /sbin/route, you should get something like:

Ziel        Router          Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
10.0.0.0    *               255.0.0.0       U     0      0        0 eth0
127.0.0.0   *               255.0.0.0       U     0      0        0 lo
default     10.0.0.1        0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eth0

while the entry with the Flags "UG" must be there, so you get access to
any other network. The router n this line must be the Interface/IP-Adress
to the Internet, otherwise you get everywhere, but not to internet. To add
the UG-entry, juste uste route add eg like route add -net default gw eth0.
It might also be possbile, that your externel interface has to be eth0 not
eth1, so you perhaps can also try with aliasing your interfaces

HTH
Roger