XFree86: error loading glx

Dirk Wendland dirk.wendland at nexgo.de
Tue Feb 3 09:09:50 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mitch Wiedemann" <mc2 at lightlink.com>
To: <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 8:26 AM
Subject: XFree86: error loading glx

> My wife's computer is showing the following error in XFree86 Log:
>
> (II) LoadModule: "glx"
> (II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libglx.so
> dlopen: /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libglx.so: symbol _nv000344gl,
> version LIBGLCORE not defined in file libGLcore.so.1 with link time
> reference
> (EE) Failed to load /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libglx.so
> (II) UnloadModule: "glx"
> (EE) Failed to load module "glx" (loader failed, 7)
>
> The box is running 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl.  I've read the NVIDIA_GLX/README
> file. I've un-installed the driver and removed all related files
> (mentioned in the README), and then re-installed.  The installer builds
> the kernel module, X runs without any trouble, just no glx (which means
> no Neverwinter Nights :( ).
>
> My computer is running the same kernel, and is loading glx without any
> trouble, but I believe I installed the NVIDIA driver before I last
> updated the kernel.
> My XFree86 Log looks like this:
>
> (II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libglx.so
> (II) Module glx: vendor="NVIDIA Corporation"
>     compiled for 4.0.2, module version = 1.0.5328
>     Module class: XFree86 Server Extension
>     ABI class: XFree86 Server Extension, version 0.1
>

> I've searched all over the net, to no avail.  Can anyone shed some light
> on this?
>

> --

Hello

Nvidea installs an own libGLcore and the right link must set to the nvidea
libGLcore outherwise it will not be loaded. This iss the Link error at
runtime at the error message to the Library libGLcore.so.1 ( I think so. I
had installed the driver 6 Months ago under RedHat 9 and it had worked )

dlopen: /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libglx.so: symbol _nv000344gl,
version LIBGLCORE not defined in file libGLcore.so.1 with link time

http://www.develop.if2.de
A little development Tool for C++ / Java / OpenGL
under Linux

Linux Rules ;)