Mylex GAM server with Feodra?

Michael Janneck janneck at informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Tue Feb 3 14:29:42 UTC 2004

Hi everyone,

I have a Fujitsu-Siemens Primergy E200 Workgroup-Server with a Mylex
DAC 1164 RAID controller. Recently I installed Fedora and everything
works fine, but Mylex' Global Array Manager software.

What I would like is to manage the RAID Controller completely from
Linux, but all I found was a GAM server for Linux. So I installed the
GAM client on a Windows box. I used software version 4.06 for both,
client and server, but I didn't get the client to connect to the
server.

Unfortunately, the documentation of this software is lousy and I have
little experience with it. So I am hoping that someone on this list can
give me some advice. What I would like to know at first is, whether the
GAM server works correctly or not. Is there any way to check this out?
Using ps, I can see that it is running, but is it reporting anything
useful? And then, I am interested in the access control. Is every GAM
client allowed to connect to the server? Or is there some access
control? And finally: Is there anything else useful, you could tell me?

Thank's in advance!

Michael

--
http://www.janneck.de/michael/