Nortel Netlock VPN client

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Feb 4 05:42:38 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 08:22, Neal D. Becker wrote:
> Gunnar vS Kramm wrote:
>
> > Original e-mail from: Ben Steeves (bcs at metacon.ca):
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Has anyone had any luck getting Nortel's Netlock VPN client working in
> >> Fedora Core 1?  The supplied RH8 SRPM builds & installs fine, but once
> >> it's installed (not even running), my network is dead, and the start_cvc
> >> command can't connect to http://127.0.0.1:9161 like it's supposed to.
> >>
> >> Jim Drabb sent an e-mail to the list back in November asking this very
> >> question and didn't get a response -- I tried e-mailing him directly but
> >> the mail bounced... Jim, if you're out there, did you ever get this
> >> working?

Sorry for replying to this post instead of the original, however I
deleted it.

I am able to run the Netlock client under FC1.  However I have NOT been
able to get it to run on the FC kernels.  I downloaded the latest RH9
kernel and kernel source and installed that.  It works perfect under
RH9's kernel.  I guess it is something in the FC kernel that Netlock
doesn't like.  I have the RH9 kernel and FC1 kernel install and just
reboot into the RH9 kernel if I need to VPN into work.  It is not the
best solution.  However you could use the RH9 kernel full-time over the
FC1 kernel.

It would be nice if a newer Netlock version came out that supported FC1,
though I won't hold my breath : )

Jim Drabb
The box said: "Requires Windows 98/2000/NT/XP or better."
So, I installed LINUX!
James Drabb JR
Senior Programmer Analyst
Davenport, FL USA