System lockup with SMP Kernel.

Paul Furness paul.furness at vil.ite.mee.com
Wed Feb 4 09:52:30 UTC 2004

This may or nay not have a bearing here: I left cron and anacron stopped
overnight, and for the first time since the install (about 10 days ago)
the system worked overnight. I'll leave it going for another 24 hours
and if it _still_ works I'll add a comment to bugzilla.

If it is something triggered by cron, it'll take a while to track down
exactly what - I can run each of the cron.daily scripts from the command
prompt without a problem.

Hmm. I wonder if it's something to do with an anacron-triggered job
running after the disks have spun down due to inactivity?

That's something that doesn't happen on server builds, I think.

P.