My kingdom for a working DNS

Earl Moore lists at enfuego.us
Wed Feb 4 20:20:51 UTC 2004

You may want to check your dns server settings in /etc/resolv.conf you
should have something like:

nameserver xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

If there is an entry there, try to ping it (your isp's dns server could be
down).

I've installed the caching nameserver and set the resolv.conf "nameserver"
variable setting to my computer's ip.  If you need more details let me know.