Fedora install freezes.

Cale Fairchild cale at cosc.brocku.ca
Wed Feb 4 22:05:47 UTC 2004

I am trying to install Fedora on a computer with a USB keyboard and the
installation kernel from the FC1 CD will not run. It locks up when the apm
kernel support loads in. I have found that if I plug in a PS/2 keyboard that it
will work fine, even the USB keyboard works alright but I do not want to have
to tie up an extra keyboard just so I can boot my computer. I have not run into
this situation on any of my other computers so I was wondering if anyone else
has had to deal with this? It is an Intel 815 chipset board in the computer,
although it has likely been altered by the PC vendor. Is there a kernel switch
to turn off the apm kernel support?

At this point in time any ideas are appreciated.

PS: It does seem to be the apm because I built a kernel without the APM support
and it boots fine.

  Cale Fairchild
  Computer Science
  Brock University