kde 3.2 unhappy: kde messed up my menues in gnome!

dsyates dsyates at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 5 14:11:19 UTC 2004

I am a long time gnome user; i just don't like kde. But, in a  momentary
lapse of reason, I installed the latest and greatest official kde 3.2
fedora rpms. It was an update actually, as I had kde already installed,
although I had not run kde since installing fc1. Anyway, I installed the
rpms without incident. I tried kde and decided I still didn't like it
and went back to gnome. Now, I find that kde (or fc1) has added a every
single xscreensaver module to my system tools:more system tools menu. To
make matters worse, they newly added menu entries are quite useless.
Clicking on them yields the following message:
Cannot launch entry

Details: Failed to execute child process "blaster" (No such file or
directory)

Anyone have any idea how to remove theses menu entries? I know there are
supposed work arounds for editing the menus in gnome, but they have
their own "side effects". I wish instaling kde wouldnt have messed with
my gnome menus in the first place. I hate kde even more now:-)

--
LPIC-1 Linux Certified
http://lottalinuxlinks.com