How can I update a base Fedora installation using previously downloaded files

BFD bfd at pcisys.net
Fri Feb 6 09:12:48 UTC 2004

Hello,

I have a computer on which I have installed FC1 from the original set of
CD's released last October. I would like to bring it up to date but have
only a dialup connection to use for downloads.

I have another computer which I have been keeping current using up2date
and leaving the files in the directory /var/spool/up2date. Is there a
way that I can use these .rpm files to update the new system? I had
thought that I could copy them to a CD and then use rpm freshen command
against the new installation but this fails with warnings about headers
or GPG keys or other dire warnings.

Surely there has got to be a way to do this without having to download
over 500 MB of files on a 56.6 modem connection when I already have the
files at hand.

Any suggestions?

BFD