mail question

redhat redhat at fayelectric.com
Fri Feb 6 20:03:50 UTC 2004

I want to create a small "list" of our users that will get a
confirmation mail when a certain process completes on our network.  This
process is a customized thing that will send an email out to a single
address.  I have been told that I can create (on our sendmail server) a
list by editing the /etc/aliases file.  Just looking at this file it
looks pretty simple.  Do I just add in a line under:
# mailman aliases
listname:	user1 at domain.com, user2 at domain.com, user3 at domain.com

Is it really this simplistic or is there more to it?  Any help
appreciated.
thanks,
DF