Mysql

Mitch Wiedemann mc2 at lightlink.com
Sat Feb 7 18:07:10 UTC 2004

I put the data in /home/mysql so that I can use rsync to move all
/home/* to a backup server each night.

I suppose, now that you mention it, running a mysqldump  to /home/mysql
and THEN running my rsync would be better since I realize the data table
copy isn't the best idea in the world, although it hasn't caused me any
trouble so far...

Sometimes I do things because I don't know any better... :)  Which is
just the sort of reason I joined this list!

Thanks for the input.

--
Mitch Wiedemann
mc² Computer Consulting