RPM package for RH Linux 6.1 vs FC1

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Feb 7 22:00:19 UTC 2004

Art Heimsoth wrote:

>I am trying to get the Fedora Core 1 running on my Dell GX1 system - all
>tried so far appears okay except no sound.  Dell has a driver RPM package
>that is indicated to be for RedHat Linux 6.1 - but no sources that I can
>find.  Is it possible to install that on my FC1 system - if so exactly
>how?  The sound is integrated in the motherboard as Creative Labs Sound
>Blaster Live! 512V.  In general, do the RPM packages need to match the
>specific release of the system - in my case, match FC1?  Thanks,
>
>--
>Art Heimsoth - doglover at artheimsoth.com
>  http://www.artheimsoth.com -- The Doglover's home page
>      From Central Missouri in the Ozarks

You might what to try switching to ALSA which has quite good souncard
support.. I had a problem with my soundcard on my system when I
installed RH9 and using the ALSA RPM's from FreshRPM's site sorted it out..

You may have to do a bit of reading on setting ALSA up, unfortunately I
can't really remember..

Later..