Nvidia Problems || Version 1.0-5336

Met @ Uber met at uberstats.com
Sun Feb 8 05:16:26 UTC 2004

Hello,

On Sat, 2004-02-07 at 21:31, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am So, den 08.02.2004 schrieb Met @ Uber um 01:46:
> > I recently installed the latest Nvidia drives (# 1.0-5336 - an upgrade
> > from 1.0-4496), and I'm having some problems.  The install went perfect,
> > but whenever I close and then reopen my laptop, it fails to show the
> > display.  I get a perfectly blank screen.  Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > ~ Matthew
>
> Closing laptop case makes it going to go totally off or in a suspend
> mode? Seems it comes not correctly back from powersaving mode. Did this
> occur with the older drivers too?

In 4496 it doesn't go into any power saving mode (sleep/standby) so I'm
assuming that in 5336 when I close the monitor its not either.  The
system just sits there in perfect blackness.  And sadly this didn't
occur before.  I've downgraded for now, but I'd love to use the new
Tv/Twinview related features.

~ Matthew