XFree86 Config Files for TwinView

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Feb 8 22:56:42 UTC 2004

Am So, den 08.02.2004 schrieb Met @ Uber um 23:18:
> So I've basically gotten everything working so that my laptop can use an
> external monitor.  In fact, it works almost perfectly.
>
> I set up a "Screen" section that holds the information about the project
> I'm using (external monitor) and setup options to hold the information
> about my laptop's monitor.  When I "startx" the display comes up perfect
> on the laptop and a bit too small on the project (Approximately 15% too
> small).
>
> The odd part is that if I remove the twinview data (which holds my
> laptop's info) from the "Screen Section" the project displays perfectly,
> and my laptop's monitor is then about 60% too small.
>
> I've attached my XF86Config file.  Any help would be appreciated, as
> this is pretty hard to debug.
>
> ~ Matthew

Maybe YanC is helpful for you:

http://yanc.sourceforge.net/index-en.html

If that helps not, you should try to use modelines for each monitor.
There are modeline generators online, i.e.:

http://www.dkfz-heidelberg.de/spec/linux/modeline/

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl
Sirendipity 23:53:27 up 2:36, 7 users, 0.28, 0.12, 0.04
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]