Move mail from Evolution to Pine

Gerry Doris gdoris at rogers.com
Sun Feb 8 22:59:06 UTC 2004

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, Youssef Makki wrote:

> I'm actually trying the opposite of your last suggestion. I use
> Evolution on my home pc. What I'd like to do is ssh to my home pc and
> have access to a console email client to avoid setting up anything on
> any remote pc (putty should be all I need), considering I can't install
> anything on lab computers at the university.
>
> >From what I gather from what you suggested, I could setup something like
> fetchmail on my home pc, point Evolution and Pine/mutt to pick up mail
> from it instead of my real pop servers, and everything should work fine?
> If that's possible, then I could avoid replacing Evolution with
> Pine/mutt just for this purpose..

I have fetchmail pulling my email to a local PC that's running Fedora.
I access my mail using Pine from either that PC or one of my other PC's on
my local network if I'm using the command line.  If I'm in X then I just
use Evolution.

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer