Fedora Core release 1.90 (FC2 Test 1) questions

Brian Millett bpm at ec-group.com
Mon Feb 9 15:27:48 UTC 2004

I've taken the plunge and updated from core 1 to Fedora Core release
1.90 (FC2 Test 1).  Some nose bleeding has taken place, but so far OK.
I do have some questions and observations:

1) Is there a list just for bleeding-edge junkies?
2) Migrating to evolution 1.5.3 caused my LDAP addressbooks to be gone.
  I can not add new contacts/address books.  How can I re-migrate the
contacts?
3) usb hotplug does not seem to be working.  If I tail /var/log/messages
and insert a usb device, I get nothing in the log file.  It is as if the
hotplug is not fireing at all.  Any ideas on this?
4) The nice little option of using "netprofile=X" on the grub command
line is of course broke because the conversion from the
redhat-config-<scripts> to python 2.3 has not happened.  Are those being
phased into system-config-<scripts>?
5) Upgrading broke the yum.conf, well if you use the $releasever
variable.  There is not a directory "/core/1.9/i386", just "/core/1/i386"
6) It is working nice for a test 1 prelease.
--
Brian Millett
Enterprise Consulting Group     "Shifts in paradigms