Laptops / Games / Fedora

John Lagrue admin at moraystudio.com
Mon Feb 9 19:56:28 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 05:10, Vikas.Bhasin at britishairways.com wrote:
> I'd advise you not to go fo Dell laptops. I have one from Dell and its
> now 3 months.  Their after sale services are pathetic. I have some
> serious problems with the hardware and noone at Dell support seems to
> bother.
>
> They'd taken my system once for repairs, kept it for more then a week
> and returned only partially repaired. Now they are giving a dumb ear
> to my calls. My friend also had a Dell laptop whose display card was
> burnt out after just 2 weeks, he also had to undergo lots of trouble
> getting it repaired. I'd never recommend Dell products to anyone now.
> IBM would be a much better choice.

While agreeing that the IBM laptops are little short of superb, I have
to disagree about Dell support, at least here in the UK. Just under a
year ago the battery in my wife's Dell laptop, which at the time was
about 34 months old, died completely. Dell had a new (completely free)
battery on my doorstep within two or three days. The laptop is well into
its 4th year now and is still going strong.

My experience of their support is very good indeed.

John