Promise SATA controller almost working...

Jean-Rene Cormier jean-rene.cormier at cipanb.ca
Tue Feb 10 01:36:50 UTC 2004

I'm currently working on a boot.iso for FC1 with Promise SATA support
with the ft3xx driver. So far it finds the controller but when it tries
to load the driver it fails and I get some unresolved symbol error such
as: scsi_unregister, fasync_helper, kill_fasync, register_chrdev and
scsi_register then I get the message "Hint: You are trying to load a
modules without a GPL compatible license and it has unresolved
symbols....."

In the modules.dep files I added ft3xx: sd_mod scsi_mod but it still
doesn't work... anybody could help me with this?

Also I've read on this list that the newer kernel released for FC1 had
support for this card, is that true? If so is there a boot.iso somewhere
with a newer kernel? Or at least anybody could tell me how I can create
a new boot.iso with a newer kernel?

Thanks

Jean-Rene Cormier