Speedtouch 330 broadband modem with BT Yahoo in UK

Tomasz Jaszkin t.jaszkin at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 10 01:44:39 UTC 2004

Hi

I've recently installed Fedora Core and have been trying to get my
Alcatel/Thomson Speedtouch 330 broadband modem to work there.

My ISP is BT Yahoo located in the UK.

I've tried using the Speedbundle and followed instructions here:
http://www.4p8.com/eric.brasseur/speedbundle_fedora.html

According to the diagnostic program in Windows XP, the connection type is
PPPoA.  Is this the same as PPPoATM as described in those instructions?

The "ps -A | grep ppp" command there yielded no results, so maybe there is
something else I need to do to get pppd working.

I used the "alcaudsl.sys" file from Windows XP as the firmware.bin as
specified.

I've read about the other drivers, speedtouch-1.2-beta3, but have yet to try
these.

I'm struggling to find more information to get this working.  Are there any
users who are using the same ISP and modem?

Many thanks,
Tomasz