Apache Permissions

Justin Churchey sajchurchey at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 10 06:31:37 UTC 2004

I've tried adding the said user to the apache group,
which is the group that httpd set to run under, and
I've changed the owner of the directory to
apache:apache, giving the apache group full rights to
it.

However, when I login as the user and try to make a
file, it won't let me.

--- Jeetendra Mirchandani <jeetu at cse.iitb.ac.in>
wrote:

> you could put them in same group, say web, and run
> apache as group web
> then give all perms to the group
>

> Regards,
> Jeetu
> ---
> The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's
> there to appreciate it.
>                                                   -
> Franklin P. Jones

> Jeetendra Mirchandani
> MTech First Year, CSE.
> Room C 616, Hostel 12, IITB.
> 9820878028

> On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Justin Churchey wrote:
>

> > I'm having trouble getting the permissions of my
> > DocumentRoot just right on my Apache
> configuration.
> > This is the first Apache Web Server that I've
> tried
> > setting up.  It is more or less a test environment
> for
> > PHP.  I only want to give write access to a one or
> two
> > users, and I still want Apache to be able to
> display
> > the pages.
> >
> > Any experienced suggestions?
> >
> > Thanx in advance,