Apache Permissions

Mitch Wiedemann mc2 at lightlink.com
Tue Feb 10 06:44:51 UTC 2004

One suggestion:

Try setting your Document Root directory permissions = root.root 755
Create a "web" user and group, and set all contents of your Document
Root = web.web 755.
Give the "web" user password to both developers so that they can ftp
into your (chroot jailed) document root as "web".

This method is simple, and the owner/permissions won't get screwed up.
It's not scalable (to more users) in the slightest though.  With more
than one or two developers, you'd be asking for trouble.

Others will probably have a more sophisticated methods...

--
Mitch Wiedemann
mc² Computer Consulting
mc2 at lightlink.com