Problems with hd install...

Michael Kearey mutk at iprimus.com.au
Tue Feb 10 06:51:13 UTC 2004

Lapsus Antepedis wrote:
> I'm trying to install Fedora Core 1 onto my computer using an hd install,
> and everything is working up until the point where it asks where the Fedora
> ISO images are... When I tell it the directory that I put the isos in, it
> tells me that there is nothing there... (maybe it's because they are on an
> NTFS partition?) Does anyone have any suggestions??

I beleive NTFS partitions are not accessable at install time. Neither
is NTFS read/write supported by Fedora out of the box (Though it can
be made to work)..

For the moment the best documentation is the Redhat Guides for RH 9.
Here is the section on HD installs from the Redhat 9 Install Guide :
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/install-guide/s1-begininstall-hd.html

You must either create a FAT partition and move the ISO's there, or
burn new CD's and do a CD install.
Sorry to be bearer of bad news,
Cheers,
Michael