Apache Permissions

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Tue Feb 10 07:10:36 UTC 2004

> Accoring to redhat-config-users the user in question
> is apart of the apache group.  However, when I run the
> "groups" command as said user, it only reports the
> default group that the user is in, and NOT apache.
>
> Looking into /etc/group, the user is in the apache
> group, but apparently apache is not in that group.
>
> What's the deal here?
funny...so add the user apache to the group apache.

> SAJChurchey
Have you also set the according permissions on this directory? it should
be something like dr-xr-x-- when you do ls -ali on /var/www/, especially
the document root /var/www/html should have this permissions. if you need
it writable do chmod u+w html and chmod g+w html so it's getting writeable
for user apache and group apache. you see then also, which user is the
owner of those directories. I have set them all to apache, group apache.

Roger