Black Screen in text-mode consoles (Dell Inspiron 2650)

Sandro Alves de Souza sandro at solver.com.br
Wed Feb 11 14:17:55 UTC 2004

Hi everybody.

Guys, when I change to a text-mode consoles (<Ctrl>+<Alt>+<F1..F6>) on
Red Hat 9
running in a Dell Inspiron 2650 machine I get a black screen without any
cursor shape.

I know these consoles are working, because I can "login" and see some
disk activities
when I type some commands like "ls -la".

But I can't see anything else a black screen without a cursor shape.
I feel like these consoles stay in graphic mode because the screen looks
like a graphic mode screen.

Sorry by my bad english, I'm a brazilian nerd.

Thanks in advance.