Cable modem, router, and nic

Peter Eddy petere at atg.com
Wed Feb 11 15:41:21 UTC 2004

Michael Gargiullo wrote:

>>Thanks Mike,
>>How about some good nics to use with linux?  Any Ideas?
>>Peter
>>

> Never had any problems with Intel 10/100 pro or 3com915tx
>
> the broadcom 10/100/1000 cards too
>
> Sorry, I haven't used any cheap cards... Some have gotten Netgears to
> work though.

I haven't had problems getting cheap NICs like Linksys, D-Link, and
Netgear to work on Linux in a long time. If you do decide to use the
cheap ones, I'd suggest getting a backup or two. I've found I have to
replace one or two of these a year on my seven computer home lan.

I have two machines with Intel 10/100 cards that have been running
without problems for years.

Peter