how to search/replace text in mutliple files?

Trevor Smith trevor at haligonian.com
Wed Feb 11 19:10:14 UTC 2004

On February 11, 2004 09:33 am, Piero Calucci wrote:
> btw if you are going to _replace_ text you should better look at sed or
> perl one-liners

Dude, that was exactly the plan. But I couldn't get sed to *find* the text,
let alone replace it, so I concentrated on figuring out the regex (with grep)
and couldn't, so I emailed you. :-)

Now, how I am going to search/replace multi-line blocks of HTML in files using
sed? Good question. I'm afraid the power of sed has not been my friend (too
new to this).

 Trevor Smith    |    trevor at haligonian.com