"cdrecord" fails consistently with scsi errors

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 13 13:08:07 UTC 2004

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Christopher K. Johnson wrote:

> I haven't done this yet, so this is only a guess, but 'cdrecord
> dev=HELP:' indicates for an ATAPI: prefix that an appropriate target
> syntax is ATAPI:bus,target,lun and it also says "Open via UNIX device:
> not supported".  Perhaps that man page is just outdated since your use
> of /dev/hdb partially worked. But given your -scanbus output perhaps
> using dev=ATAPI:0,1,0 would work better?

i'll give that a try, but i'm not convinced that that's the problem
since previous runs would write perhaps several dozen megabytes before
finally choking.  based on what you write above, one would think that
if there was a problem, it would fail immediately, not after a while.

although the more recent complete hang flies in the face of what i
just wrote.

rday