bind is trying to kill me

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Feb 13 21:26:45 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 13.02.2004 schrieb Nate Bradley um 22:11:
> redhat-config-bind creates .zone files with improper syntax.  Also once
> bind has been broken, uninstalling and reinstalling the packages doesn't
> recreate the original configuration.  The named.custom file is missing
> the 'include' line that was there originally, and now when I attempt to
> run chroot, named doesn't report it's status.  Could I have other
> problems?

Which include line do you mean? Are you speaking of "include
"/etc/rndc.key";"?

> What is the 'include' line?  Can someone tell me so I can try to fix
> it.  I would hate to have to reinstall the entire OS, which
> unfortunately seems to be the only way to fix certain problems with
> Fedora. i.e. once up2date broke itself and kept asking me for my RHN
> account information.  Simply reinstalling up2date wouldn't fix it.

Setting you system back to a virgin state without any bind file just
check the content of your installed named packages with "rpm -qp
$PACKAGE", uninstall the package and delete each file that was not
created by the package itself but by you for the package. Deleting an
RPM will not delete custom files. Afterwards reinstall the needed
packages.

If you broke up2date by trying to register with RHN just edit
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources and comment "up2date default" at the top of
the file. this was mentioned before here on the list. Check the list
archive for information please.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl
Sirendipity 22:20:48 up 5 days, 1:03, load average: 1.60, 1.20, 1.12
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]