Newbie imigration from win to linux

Roger Beever roger2 at rogernet.net
Sat Feb 14 22:24:23 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-02-14 at 21:07, AMAZING POWERS OF OBSERVATION wrote:
>   for a newbie i recomend lindows at lindows.com . its made for the
> beginer...but then come back to fedora once u get the idea
>
> On Sat, 2004-02-14 at 17:02, jad madi wrote:
> > hi guys
> > what you recomend for VERY newbie 96h back
> > I am running fedora core 1 right now
> > but I'm Struggling with it
> > do you recomend another distro for VERY newbie and have no enough time
> > to compile and download ?
My only question is what's to compile with Fedora FC1 ?
I downloaded 3 iso's burned them to 3 Cd's ( using Nero on a winXP
machine) stuck them in the machine I wanted to install the first cd
booted and started the install.
As another choice for a Linux trial Knoppix runs from one CD rather than
installing so it's good for a taster.
But with the amount of help on this list and the how-to's at
fedoranews.org and other places getting a working Fedora system running
on a fairly common PC that's not too old should not be too hard.
I'm using Fedora on a second user IBM Netvista 1GHz 20 Gig HD machine
that I picked up for less that £300, base unit +kb+mouse+nic but no
monitor.
Regards Roger