Fedora Core 2 Test 1 || Failing to Install

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Feb 15 04:11:29 UTC 2004

Aaron Konstam wrote:

>On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 03:06:55PM -0500, Met @ Uber wrote:
>

>>I've run and passed all the disc checks, but every time I try to
>>actually load the install (just past checks) the system errors out and
>>forces a reboot.
>>
>>Any ideas?
>>
>>I'm running a Dell Inspiron 8200.
>>
>>~ Matthew
>>

>I don't know if this is relevant to you. On a particular Dell
>hardware the installation was failing. But if you did a disk media
>check on the first CD and then when asked choose continue the
>installation proceeded correctly.

I believe that there was an oversight when constructing the installation
for test1. You might want to take a look at the release notes on the CDs
to see all of the issues related to FC2 test1. It appears that there are
a lot of updates available to install, after the initial installation.
It might be easier to update to Fedora2 Test1 using the development
repositories on a mirror.

For Fedora2 test2, the issues should be cleared up, from messages that I
read on the development list.

Jim