Mounting Directory

Jwp live4bacon at optonline.net
Sun Feb 15 04:22:34 UTC 2004

Good day,

Disclaimer: less than a months worth of Linux experience under my belt.

Ok, so I have mounted a few directories  in the /etc/fstab to allow chroot
jailed ftp users to access directories outside their home dir.  No problem.

For the last hour I have been trying to do the same thing for a user to have
ftp access to their www folder from their home directory.  And it just wont
work  Can anyone shed some light on this for me?  Here is my fstab file:

##################

LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1

LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2

none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0

none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0

none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0

/dev/hda3               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0

/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              udf,iso9660
noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             auto    noauto,owner,kudzu 0
0

#mount download folder to ftp music user directory

/home/ftp/downloads     /home/jwp2/downloads    none  rw,bind           0 0

/home/ftp/downloads     /home/eric/downloads    none  rw,bind           0 0

/home/ftp/downloads     /home/smitty/downloads  none  rw,bind           0 0

/home/ftp/downloads     /home/dennis/downloads  none  rw,bind           0 0

/home/ftp/downloads     /home/john/downloads    none  rw,bind           0 0

/home/ftp/downloads     /home/andy/downloads    none  rw,bind           0 0

#mount upload directory for ftp music users

/home/ftp/uploads /home/john/uploads      none  rw.bind           0 0

#mount web directory to web user directory

/var/www/camille.b-dub.org    /home/camille/camille.b-dub.org     none
rw,bind     0 0

########

This works fine for all but the last line??  (the command [# mount --bind
/var/www/Camille.b-dub.org /home/Camille/Camille.b-dub.org] works just fine)

On boot-up I get an error, fs type none not recognized by kernel??  Which
would make sense if it applied to all the previous mounts which work just
fine?

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks,

JP