Mounting NTFS file system.

Didier Casse didierbe at sps.nus.edu.sg
Mon Feb 16 05:52:58 UTC 2004

On 16/02/04, at 11:20 +0530, Vikas.Bhasin at britishairways.com...:

> Hi All,
>
> I have my laptop configured in dual boot mode. I have Windows XP home
> edition installed on NTFS filesystem and FC1 on other. When i tried to
> mount the NTFS filesystem from FC1, i got the message that NTFS filesystem
> cannot be mounted.
>
> Is there a way I can mount these partitions in Linux or do i have to
> change the NTFS filesystem to someother that can be accessed from Linux.?

NTFS can be mounted but it is read-only. It cannot be written within
Linux! Follow instructions here to get your partition mounted. :-p This
link has been mentionned several times. Please read the archives before
asking. :-)

http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/rpm/instructions.html

With kind regards,

Didier.

---
PhD student.

Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
5 Research Link,
Singapore 117603

Email: slsbdfc at nus dot edu dot sg /
didierbe at sps dot nus dot edu dot sg