Raid 1

Sam Barnett-Cormack s.barnett-cormack at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Feb 16 10:45:27 UTC 2004

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004, Robert Hartung* wrote:

> Hi all,
>   I have a functioning FC1 with all updates.  I have added a Belkin PC133
> RAID/IDE  hardware controller and went through their hardware setup to make a
> mirrored pair (for data use).
>
>   These drives are seen as hde and hdg as reported by dmesg on boot.  Now, I
> cannot find any documentation on how to get to disk druid after installation to
> make partitions and make them function as a RAID 1 device.  I can't see any
> documentation re: fdisk that allows that utility to make a RAID 1 set.
>
>   Where can I go to read and get this post-installation data-only RAID 1 setup?

I had similar problems at one point - because linux doesn't access
drives through the controller's BIOS, but rather direct to hardware
(that's the explaination I was given), these sorts of RAID cards just
don't work. Of course, some do...

--

Sam Barnett-Cormack
Software Developer                           |  Student of Physics & Maths