Mounting NTFS file system.

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Feb 16 11:04:37 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 16.02.2004 schrieb Andy Wallace um 09:24:

[ snip ]

> > The Fedora kernel does not support NTFS out of the box for legal
> > reasons.  You can find a kernel module at
> > http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net
>
> Am I imagining things here? I was able to mount NTFS on Fedora until
> upgrading the kernel to 2.4.22-1.2140 or maybe 2149, not sure.
>
> Everyone's talking as if it was never supported, but I can assure you it
> was. I didn't see any announcements about dropping NTFS support, but
> until a few weeks ago I was definitely able to mount my XP NTFS
> partition read-only with a standard Fedora kernel.
>
> Andy

No! NTFS support was in no official Fedora Core 1 kernel activated.

You may had installed the kernel module package from the sourceforge
project.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2166.nptl
Sirendipity 12:02:57 up 1 day, 15:41, load average: 0.12, 0.15, 0.17
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]