Fedora and a Radeon Mobility 7500

Jeff Stampes Jeff.Stampes at xilinx.com
Tue Feb 17 05:54:42 UTC 2004

Installation was as easy as documented in their instructions:  Just an
rpm installation that moves a lot of XFree stuff out of the way.  Once I
got the config done correctly, I was extremely pleased with the display
performance.  1600x1200 of glorious 1400+ FPS video.  Not amazing
performance maybe, but a lot better then I was getting with XFree86.

So far I haven't had any problems, except for some apps that use some
libMesa specific extensions that are not supported in the Summit products.

Removing it would be a simple rpm -e operation, but you cannot easily
toggle back and forth other than removing the package.

~Jeff