Low ram - 32mb

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Tue Feb 17 09:33:37 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 11:41 +0800, Colin Charles wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Searched the archives, some have stated that they've got 32MB of RAM on
> their boxes and gotten FC1 installed. Text-mode installs in the release
> notes require at least 64MB of RAM.

> But in the archives, some have reported this working. Is there anything
> definite?

The only way I managed to install FC1 on a laptop was:
  installing a truly minimal 7.3 (RH and FC's minimal is all but minimal
-- and no, using %packages, core does not work on ks.cfg files (minimal
is used)).
  upgrading step by step by network
  When I tried upgrading to FC2 test1 (because of XFCE for that laptop)
it all got ruined thanks to selinux. Some dependency was not caught by
up2date (I guess) and soething was not doen in the right order. Now not
even the network interface gets up.

I'm trying Debian on that poor little fellow when I get the time.

Rui

+ So let's do it...?