XFree86 License Change

David Balazic david.balazic at hermes.si
Tue Feb 17 12:32:11 UTC 2004

Drew Dunn wrote :

> I've read that the XFree86 license is changing as of version 4.4
> (http://www.xfree86.org/pipermail/forum/2004-January/001892.html).  In
> fact, there's quite a brouhaha growing over on Slashdot about it because
> Mandrake has elected to revert from version 4.4 back to 4.3.  Now, I see
> that FC2 RC1 has Xfree86 4.3.  Does the license change mean that version
> 4.3 is as far as we go (at least until the license reverts back to a
> FSF-approved one)?

Note that the old licence is valid until 4.4.0RC2 , only 4.4.0RC3 has the
new licence.

Or I am wrong ...

Regards,
David
David Balazic                      mailto:david.balazic at hermes.si
HERMES Softlab                 http://www.hermes-softlab.com
Zolajeva 30                          Phone: +386 2 450 8851
SI-2000 Maribor
Slovenija
"Be excellent to each other." -
Bill S. Preston, Esq. & "Ted" Theodore Logan