GNOME Settings Daemon

Raghu V Vadapalli vze269th at verizon.net
Wed Feb 18 01:04:19 UTC 2004

I have an up2dated fedora m/c at work and  I get the follwong error
message whenever I login the second time after a fresh reboot. Only on
this account Where as root account is good.

And the error messages are :

Message Window 1:

"There was an error starting the GNOME Settings Daemon.

Some things, such as themes, sounds, or background settings may not workcorrectly.
The Settings Daemon restarted too many times.

The last error message was:

Child process did not give an error message, unknown failure occurred

GNOME will still try to restart the Settings Daemon next time you log in."

Message Windown 2:
"The panel encountered a problem while loading "OAFIID:GNOME_SystemTrayApplet"
Details: Child process did not give an error message, unknown failure occurred

Do you want to delete the applet from your configuration?"

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Raghu.